It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only choice when designing a home security system. You could forget about placing a video camera on a countertop or governing your implements with a mobile device. However, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless technology. You now have a wealth of additional perks at your disposal -- like system access from anywhere, seamless smart devices, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Champaign will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems require a stable connection to the internet to perform in a proper fashion. If you have access to high-speed internet and a quality wireless router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, explore options that have cellular and battery backups available to maintain the connection to your monitoring team at all times.
In the event you live in a rural setting without stable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will in all probability be a better choice. Or It could also make more sense financially to opt for the traditional route if you relocate to a residence that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Champaign will enhance your property’s protection, which is the main purpose to start with. However, if you prefer the idea of using the most advanced features, check out these advantages of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your security cameras right from the palm of your hand using the ADT Control app. You can see who’s at the front door, switch on your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you neglected to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have notifications sent right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and long installations. The great thing about wireless gadgets is that you are able to place them virtually anywhere and with little time or effort. If you wish to customize later with new equipment, bringing components into your network is not complicated.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a possibility with speedy, two-way communications. Program your devices to take action in specific circumstances to increase your safety and deter intrusions. For instance, if your outside camera discovers suspicious disturbances on your property, it may prompt your entryway lighting to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Champaign
Even though wireless home security systems in Champaign have shown to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about installing one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless elements might run out of power. However, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally need to be arranged within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your adaptability.
- Similar to any computer network, the threat of hacking is relevant. The good news is that you can take action to prevent this by creating strong passwords, never using default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to take advantage of Champaign wireless home security? Call (217) 765-0086 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the perfect package for your residence.