A Smart Champaign Flood Detector Alerts You Of Water Leaking Before Excessive Damage Occurs
Clogged drains, corroded pipes, leaking appliances -- these are common issues that may lead to significant water damage at your property. Unfortunately, these are the types of complications that you notice much too late. Even a dripping water line or running toilet can cause extensive destruction if not fixed at once.
But, when you install a Champaign monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can discover leaks or standing water before your home becomes a disaster zone. The easy-to-install wireless system notifies you as soon as it detects water with a high-decibel siren and a notification to your smartphone. An ADT monitoring professional will also contact you when your flood sensor triggers.
Should I Install A Monitored Flood Detector In Champaign?
You never want to go down the steps to find that your bottom floor is now the local swimming pool. Luckily, a Champaign flood detector is designed to identify leaking and water infiltration before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Smart sensor technology: The state-of-the-art alarm is designed to identify running or pooling water and not humidity -- so it's suitable to use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Unlimited placement options with a wireless connection: Smart sensors come with a wireless connection and a 4-year lithium battery. You can confidently place your detector next to water lines, near appliances, behind toilets or any location where water damage may occur.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Freezing pipes or intense storms have a tendency to occur when you're not at home. When your Champaign flood detector senses a water problem, it will issue an emergency notification to your cell.
- ADT monitoring provides another layer of protection: In addition to high-volume alerts and emergency messages to your cell phone, your flood detector will notify your 24-hour ADT station. Your monitoring technicians will notify you immediately and help you take action.
ADT Control App Makes Your Champaign Flood Detector More Responsive
Response times are critical when excessive water is detected in your home. When utilizing the ADT mobile application, you can access home automation systems and make things easier when emergency assistance arrives. Using these systems is helpful when you’re in the house, but vital when you’re not there. With a monitored Champaign flood detector you have the ability to:
- Receive alerts on your phone when excessive water is found.
- Remotely unlock doors and disarm alarms for emergency assistance.
- Increase your home’s temperature to stop further pipe freezing.
- Review video footage from security cameras to determine how water entered and evaluate remediation needs.
- Maintain communication with your monitoring professionals.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Starts With A Free Quote
Flood detectors and other devices like CO detectors and smoke alarms are all aspects of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you contact our professionals, we’ll help you pick the perfect package to meet your unique requirements. Just call (217) 765-0086 today or send in the online form for your free quote.