How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Champaign
Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are equipped with a number of tools all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these additions empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Champaign.
How To Set Up Your Champaign Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is placing the components in the proper places around your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or den. It’s also a great idea to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your porch, driveway, and yards, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your home that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom could impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Champaign. The innovations described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device the instant strange activity is detected. You can also program cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with people through the unit. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to secure specific areas within your house.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the sense unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Champaign is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (217) 765-0086 or fill out the form below to start building your security system today.