The latest home security installations are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to do basic security duties like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores again? With geofencing in Champaign, you can simply leave the house and have your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Champaign For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your house, which you are able to set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices utilize to share information with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto the same network. You can then institute specific boundaries around your home and program the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you may program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Champaign. With the security app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to activate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to set the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Champaign
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (217) 765-0086 or submit the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.