ADT® Authorized Dealer Serving Entire Champaign-Urbana Metro Area
Vivint Security Monitor in Champaign
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Champaign?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Champaign?

When setting up your baby’s room, you built the crib, painted the space a soft, lighter shade, and created the greatest diaper changing space ever. You’re now ready to determine the way you want to watch your baby sleep. You have the option of going with the standard monitoring choice that gives you the ability to supervise on a separate listening device, or you could step up the tech and use high-def video feeds, 2-way communication, and initialization through motion sensing.

The higher tech alternative is equivalent to the video surveillance included in a comprehensive home security system, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Champaign? 

A security camera baby monitor can be part of your smart home installation

The great part about utilizing a security camera as a baby monitor in Champaign is that it can link to your additional smart home products. So, for example, if you notice that your newborn is struggling to sleep, you can make adjustments to your thermostat from your smartphone app to increase the room’s comfort. Additionally, when they awaken for a 2 a.m. bottle, you can slowly illuminate the room's smart bulbs to indicate you’re coming. And if you have two or more small children in unconnected areas, you have the ability to furnish each one an indoor security camera and monitor the images in a single smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Champaign is included in your comprehensive home defense plan

Regardless of whether you would like a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your residential protection, start by calling Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will carefully explain the available choices and work hard to configure the most suitable security system for you. Place a call to (217) 765-0086 or fill out the form on this page.